Greg Salmieri and Ben Bayer discuss the following questions for Part III, Chapter 9, of Atlas Shrugged: “The Generator.”
- Question 1: What has happened at Project X prior to Stadler’s arrival? What does this reveal about the state of the country?
- Question 2: How are Stadler and Meigs alike and unalike in their respective outlooks, characters, and motives?
- Question 3: When precisely does Dagny go on strike, why, and how can we tell?
- Question 4: What exactly motivates the planners to use Project F on Galt? Are there any differences in their motives?
- Question 5: What happens to Jim Taggart at the end of the chapter and why?
- Question 6: What other questions or observations do you have about Part III, Chapter 9?
For additional information on the course, explore the Resources page.
HOW TO GET INVOLVED
- Join the Facebook group where we discuss one chapter per week
- Sign up to the email list to get a weekly update containing discussion questions and other project-related information
- Tune in to the live broadcast on the Atlas Shrugged Facebook page every Tuesday evening through April 2018
- Catch up on past broadcasts on ARI Campus, Facebook, YouTube, iTunes, Stitcher, or SoundCloud
If you’re an experienced reader who wants to discuss chapters that the Project hasn’t covered yet, join the Atlas Project Spoilers Group.