Greg Salmieri and Ben Bayer discuss the following questions for Part III, Chapter 4, of Atlas Shrugged: “Anti-Life.”
- Question 1: What does Jim want to celebrate? Why does he need to hide it from himself?
- Question 2: How do Cherryl’s and Jim’s views of love differ? Where outside of the novel do we find a view like Jim’s?
- Question 3: What does Dagny’s advice to Cherryl about Jim reveal about her understanding of evil? In what ways is this advice helpful or unhelpful, and why?
- Question 4: What things elicit strong emotional responses from Jim and Lillian? What can we learn about them from this?
- Question 5: Why does Cherryl react as she does to the social worker at the end of the chapter?
- Question 6: What other questions or observations do you have about Part III, Chapter 4?
For additional information on the course, explore the Resources page.
HOW TO GET INVOLVED
- Join the Facebook group where we discuss one chapter per week
- Sign up to the email list to get a weekly update containing discussion questions and other project-related information
- Tune in to the live broadcast on the Atlas Shrugged Facebook page every Tuesday evening through April 2018
- Catch up on past broadcasts on ARI Campus, Facebook, YouTube, iTunes, Stitcher, or SoundCloud
If you’re an experienced reader who wants to discuss chapters that the Project hasn’t covered yet, join the Atlas Project Spoilers Group.