Greg Salmieri and Ben Bayer discuss the following questions for Part III, Chapter 6, of Atlas Shrugged: “The Concerto of Deliverance.”
- Question 1: . What new realizations does Rearden reach about himself and his family during his visit with them? How do these realizations bear on the decisions Rearden makes in the chapter?
- Question 2: This chapter marks Lillian’s last appearance in the novel. What do we and Rearden now understand about her motivation? Are there any outstanding questions about her?
- Question 3: What new realizations does Rearden reach during his meeting at the Wayne-Falkland Hotel? What is the significance of each of these realizations to him?
- Question 4: How has Tony (the Wet Nurse) grown since we first met him? Does he develop in this chapter? What is the significance of his final scene?
- Question 5: What role does Francisco (including Rearden’s memories of him) play in this chapter?
- Question 6: What other questions or observations do you have about Part III, Chapter 6?
For additional information on the course, explore the Resources page.
HOW TO GET INVOLVED
- Join the Facebook group where we discuss one chapter per week
- Sign up to the email list to get a weekly update containing discussion questions and other project-related information
- Tune in to the live broadcast on the Atlas Shrugged Facebook page every Tuesday evening through April 2018
- Catch up on past broadcasts on ARI Campus, Facebook, YouTube, iTunes, Stitcher, or SoundCloud
If you’re an experienced reader who wants to discuss chapters that the Project hasn’t covered yet, join the Atlas Project Spoilers Group.