Greg Salmieri and Ben Bayer discuss the following questions for Part III, Chapter 3, of Atlas Shrugged: “Anti-Greed.”
- Question 1: Why does Ferris want Stadler at the opening of Project X? Why does Stadler comply? What other examples of this form of motivation have we encountered in the novel?
- Question 2: In this chapter, what new observations does Dagny make about the people of the outside world, and what new questions do these observations raise?
- Question 3: How is Cuffy Meigs like and unlike the looters we met in earlier chapters?
- Question 4: What are Jim’s and Lillian’s respective motives in trying to force Dagny to appear on the radio? How do they compare? Where else have we seen these types of motivation before?
- Question 5: How has Rearden grown since we last encountered him in Part II, Chapter 9? Has he become more like any of the other characters?
- Question 6: What other questions or observations do you have about Part III, Chapter 3?
For additional information on the course, explore the Resources page.
HOW TO GET INVOLVED
- Join the Facebook group where we discuss one chapter per week
- Sign up to the email list to get a weekly update containing discussion questions and other project-related information
- Tune in to the live broadcast on the Atlas Shrugged Facebook page every Tuesday evening through April 2018
- Catch up on past broadcasts on ARI Campus, Facebook, YouTube, iTunes, Stitcher, or SoundCloud
If you’re an experienced reader who wants to discuss chapters that the Project hasn’t covered yet, join the Atlas Project Spoilers Group.