Greg Salmieri and Ben Bayer discuss the following questions for Part III, Chapter 1, of Atlas Shrugged: “Atlantis.”
- Question 1: What did Dagny and Galt never have to take seriously? Why not?
- Question 2: Who is John Galt, and in what ways has he impacted Dagny’s life prior to their meeting? (If you find that there are many ways, begin by discussing one or two.)
- Question 3: How is Galt like and unlike Francisco and Rearden? How does Dagny’s response to him compare to her responses to them?
- Question 4: In what ways is Dagny’s perspective on living life in the valley unlike the perspective of the people who live there?
- Question 5: Choose one of Mulligan’s dinner guests. How does the reason the guest gives for quitting reflect both his distinctive personality and the principles Galt articulates?
- Question 6: What other questions or observations do you have about Part III, Chapter 1?
For additional information on the course, explore the Resources page.
HOW TO GET INVOLVED
- Join the Facebook group where we discuss one chapter per week
- Sign up to the email list to get a weekly update containing discussion questions and other project-related information
- Tune in to the live broadcast on the Atlas Shrugged Facebook page every Tuesday evening through April 2018
- Catch up on past broadcasts on ARI Campus, Facebook, YouTube, iTunes, Stitcher, or SoundCloud
If you’re an experienced reader who wants to discuss chapters that the Project hasn’t covered yet, join the Atlas Project Spoilers Group.