Greg Salmieri and Ben Bayer discuss the following questions for Part II, Chapter 2, of Atlas Shrugged: “The Aristocracy of Pull.”
- Question 1: What events in the novel and which of Francisco’s own actions illustrate the themes of his speech about money?
- Question 2: What can we tell about why Taggart has proposed marriage to Cherryl?
- Question 3: What signs are there in this chapter that Rearden and Francisco have become important to one another? Why is Francisco so important to Rearden?
- Question 4: What new developments are there in Rearden’s relationships with Lillian and with Dagny? What can we tell about the motives of all three?
- Question 5: What new examples of evading or naming truths do we see in this chapter, and do we get any further clues about the significance of this issue?
- Question 6: What other questions or observations do you have about Part II, Chapter 2?
For additional information on the course, explore the Resources page.
HOW TO GET INVOLVED
- Join the Facebook group where we discuss one chapter per week
- Sign up to the email list to get a weekly update containing discussion questions and other project-related information
- Tune in to the live broadcast on the Atlas Shrugged Facebook page every Tuesday evening through April 2018
- Catch up on past broadcasts on ARI Campus, Facebook, YouTube, iTunes, Stitcher, or SoundCloud
If you’re an experienced reader who wants to discuss chapters that the Project hasn’t covered yet, join the Atlas Project Spoilers Group.