Greg Salmieri and Ben Bayer discuss the following questions for Part I, Chapter 5, of Atlas Shrugged: “The Climax of the d’Anconias.”
- Question 1: What are some interesting or distinctive features of Dagny and Francisco’s relationship?
- Question 2: In what ways is present-day Francisco different from the Francisco Dagny had known before? In what ways is he similar?
- Question 3: What do we learn from this chapter about Dagny’s view of joy and suffering? What significant joys and sorrows are described in this chapter?
- Question 4: How do Jim’s and Eddie’s reactions to Francisco differ from each other’s? How do they each differ from Dagny’s?
- Question 5: What can we tell about Francisco’s motivations for the San Sebastian project?
- Question 6: What other questions and observations do you have about Part I, Chapter 5?
For additional information on the course, explore the Resources page.
HOW TO GET INVOLVED
- Join the Facebook group where we discuss one chapter per week
- Sign up to the email list to get a weekly update containing discussion questions and other project-related information
- Tune in to the live broadcast on the Atlas Shrugged Facebook page every Tuesday evening through April 2018
- Catch up on past broadcasts on ARI Campus, Facebook, YouTube, iTunes, Stitcher, or SoundCloud
If you’re an experienced reader who wants to discuss chapters that the Project hasn’t covered yet, join the Atlas Project Spoilers Group.