Greg Salmieri and Ben Bayer discuss the following questions for Part I, Chapter 4, of Atlas Shrugged: “The Immovable Movers.”
- Question 1: What is Dagny looking for in the first sequence of events in the chapter? Where else earlier in the novel have we seen signs that other people need this?
- Question 2: What sorts of things give James pleasure?
- Question 3: What themes do we see in the music of Richard Halley? How do they relate to the motivations of the characters we’ve met?
- Question 4: How do Conway, Dagny, Wyatt, and Rearden respond to the passage of the Anti-dog-eat-dog Rule, and what explains the differences?
- Question 5: What new observations does Dagny make about Rearden and what questions does she formulate about him during her visit to his office?
- Question 6: What other questions and observations do you have about Part I, Chapter 4?
For additional information on the course, explore the Resources page.
HOW TO GET INVOLVED
- Join the Facebook group where we discuss one chapter per week
- Sign up to the email list to get a weekly update containing discussion questions and other project-related information
- Tune in to the live broadcast on the Atlas Shrugged Facebook page every Tuesday evening through April 2018
- Catch up on past broadcasts on ARI Campus, Facebook, YouTube, iTunes, Stitcher, or SoundCloud
If you’re an experienced reader who wants to discuss chapters that the Project hasn’t covered yet, join the Atlas Project Spoilers Group.