Greg Salmieri and Ben Bayer discuss the following questions for Part I, Chapter 3, of Atlas Shrugged: “The Top and the Bottom.”
- Question 1: What is decided/accomplished at the barroom meeting, and what are the motives of all involved?
- Question 2: What is James Taggart’s approach to running TT? How does Dagny fit into this?
- Question 3: What is the significance of Nat Taggart’s story and Dagny’s admiration for him?
- Question 4: What decisions does the Taggart Board make in this chapter, and why?
- Question 5: What do we learn about what Dagny wants out of life and her career?
- Question 6: What other questions and observations do you have about Part I, Chapter 3?
For additional information on the course, explore the Resources page.
HOW TO GET INVOLVED
- Join the Facebook group where we discuss one chapter per week
- Sign up to the email list to get a weekly update containing discussion questions and other project-related information
- Tune in to the live broadcast on the Atlas Shrugged Facebook page every Tuesday evening through April 2018
- Catch up on past broadcasts on ARI Campus, Facebook, YouTube, iTunes, Stitcher, or SoundCloud
If you’re an experienced reader who wants to discuss chapters that the Project hasn’t covered yet, join the Atlas Project Spoilers Group.