Greg Salmieri and Ben Bayer discuss the following questions for Part I, Chapter 2, of Atlas Shrugged: “The Chain.”
- Question 1: Why does Rearden “put his name on everything he touches,” and what can we infer about his character from this?
- Question 2: How does Lillian’s treatment of Hank compare to the rest of his family’s treatment of him?
- Question 3: How is Rearden’s approach to problems in his personal life like and unlike his approach to problems in his career?
- Question 4: In what respects are Rearden and Dagny alike, and in what respects are they different?
- Question 5: Does Rearden need personal relationships? How can we tell?
- Question 6: What other questions and observations do you have about Part I, Chapter 2?
For additional information on the course, explore the Resources page.
HOW TO GET INVOLVED
- Join the Facebook group where we discuss one chapter per week
- Sign up to the email list to get a weekly update containing discussion questions and other project-related information
- Tune in to the live broadcast on the Atlas Shrugged Facebook page every Tuesday evening through April 2018
- Catch up on past broadcasts on ARI Campus, Facebook, YouTube, iTunes, Stitcher, or SoundCloud
If you’re an experienced reader who wants to discuss chapters that the Project hasn’t covered yet, join the Atlas Project Spoilers Group.