Greg Salmieri and Ben Bayer discuss the following questions for Part I, Chapter 10, of Atlas Shrugged: “Wyatt’s Torch.”
- Question 1: Why don’t Dagny and Rearden fight the people trying to kill Colorado?
- Question 2: Why is finding the inventor of the motor so important to Dagny?
- Question 3: What similarities and differences are there among the people Dagny interviews in her quest to find the inventor of the motor?
- Question 4: What new insights or questions does Rearden have about Lillian in this chapter?
- Question 5: What kind of mentality seems to be behind the regulations passed at the end of the chapter? Have we seen this mentality anywhere else in the chapter?
- Question 6: What other questions and observations do you have about Part I, Chapter 10?
For additional information on the course, explore the Resources page.
HOW TO GET INVOLVED
- Join the Facebook group where we discuss one chapter per week
- Sign up to the email list to get a weekly update containing discussion questions and other project-related information
- Tune in to the live broadcast on the Atlas Shrugged Facebook page every Tuesday evening through April 2018
- Catch up on past broadcasts on ARI Campus, Facebook, YouTube, iTunes, Stitcher, or SoundCloud
If you’re an experienced reader who wants to discuss chapters that the Project hasn’t covered yet, join the Atlas Project Spoilers Group.